Friday, December 15, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Mpumalanga players to look out for Faheen Nomani and Jacques Vosloo





Name: Faheen Nomani
Age: 17
Team: Mpumalanga
School: Hoërskool Bergvlam
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Bat/Right-Arm Spin
Previous Provincial weeks: U15 and U17
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: I was surprised to be picked as a batsman, I have always been considered as a bowler who can bat a little but I had a decent year with the bat so I was chosen to open the batting for the team. I managed to score 50 on the first day.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Temba Bavuma, he is a amazing batsman and since I am smaller than most of my team mates I relate to Temba. Moeen Ali because like me he is a bowler and batsman. When he started playing he was not considered a frontline spinner, but he has worked on his bowling and now he is a fantastic spin bowler and batsman.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  My Dad, he played cricket when he was younger. He says that I must do my best and work hard for what I want.
What do you think makes a hero? The way you see yourself has a lot to do with being a hero. You must be able to see your faults and accept them. There is no such thing as a perfect person. If you see that you are not perfect, you can also accept the flaws and imperfections in others and accept them for who they are and their strong points and weak points.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? This year I have been picked as both a bowler and batsman. I am looking forward to doing both roles. I am just excited to play in the tournament and I will try to do as well as I can. I would love to be picked for one of the Cubs week teams.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I have had a good season so far, I have bowled well and batted well. In the 2016/17 season I was the best allrounder for my club. I opened the batting for the club and I averaged 36 and my bowling was very economical with an economy rate of 3.2. Against Penryn College I captained my team and I opened the batting. We were 10/5 at one stage but I managed to bat through and I scored 80* for us to score 127 in a 20 over match and I won man of the match. In another match we played Barberton High School and I took 7/22 in 7 overs and once again I was man of the match. At school I was batsman of the year.
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? I am looking forward to playing against my mate Thando Ntini, he has been very supportive and whenever I have an issue with my cricket he is always willing to help me out.





Name: Jacques Vosloo
Age: 16
Team: Mpumalanga
School: Nelspruit Hoërskool
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-hand bat/Right-arm fast
Previous Provincial weeks: U10, U11, U13, U15
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: I did good, but I think there’s room for improvement this year.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Quinton de Kock because he has achieved so much at such a young age. I’m still young so I also hope to do well at a young age.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  My late father, I remember all the lessons that he taught me. He told me to enjoy my cricket and to play the game for the team and not for myself.
What do you think makes a hero? Be positive and inspirational to others. You need to be a team player.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I just want to be able to play well during the tournament.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I have done well at school this year, I scored 580 runs opening the batting. I bowled well and took a few wickets. I was also happy to support my fellow opening bowler Jon Hinrichsen, who took a lot of wickets.
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? Divan Jacobs


No comments:

Post a Comment