Monday, December 11, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Eastern Province Players to look out for Jade de Klerk and David Rushmere







Name: Jade De Klerk
Age: 18
Team:  Eastern Province
School:  Woodridge College
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Left Hand/ Middle Order.  Bowling: Left Arm (Off Spin)
Previous Provincial weeks: Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week 2016.
How did your previous week go? I had a good week and one of my highlights was winning the Coca-Cola Hero of the Day.
Cricket Hero and why: Virat Kohli from India.  I believe that he is the best cricketer in the world and he has led his team to many victories
Non- Cricket hero: My mother Rochelle De Klerk. She has been supportive in me playing cricket from an early age and always attends my matches no matter where I play. She keeps me grounded and always wanting to do better than what I think I can.
What do you think makes a hero:  Heroes change the world, save lives, take on tasks that may seem impossible to the rest of us. So, when we think of heroes, we seldom think of ourselves.
What are your highlights of the season so far. I received my full colours for cricket. I made my first Semipro appearance against North West.  It was an unbelievable achievement.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament?   I want to make as many friends as possible. I want to be able to gain as much knowledge from the other cricketers.
Who are the players to look out for? David Rushmere and  Keenan Smith









Name:   David Rushmere
Age: 18
Team:  Eastern Province
School: St Andrews College
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Right Hand (Top Order).  Wicket Keeper
Previous Provincial weeks: Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week 2016
Cricket Hero and why: Quinton de Kock because he plays the same role that I fill in my team and Quinton inspires me to play better cricket.
Non-Cricket Hero and why? Roger Federer because he is one of the most humble sportsmen.  He is calm and collected. He also promotes the importance of education through his foundation.
What do you think makes a hero:  Being a hero is selflessly doing the best you can in the time of need. You must lead by example so that other can believe that anything is possible if you put your mind to it
What are your highlights of the season so far: I made 104 runs off 82 balls against Grey College and 188 runs off of 82 balls against Union College.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament?   I want to score as many runs and by scoring as many runs as possible I will be selected for SA Schools team
Who are the players to look out for? Jade De Klerk and Keenan Smith

 

No comments:

Post a Comment