Friday, December 15, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Northern Cape players to look out for Petrus Duvenhage and Andrew Louw






Name: Andrew Louw
Age: 17
Telephone number:
Team: Northern Cape
School: Northern Cape High School
Batting and Bowling Skills: Righ-hand bat / Right- Arm off-spin
Previous Provincial weeks: U11, U13, U15 and U17
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: I had a decent U17 week last year. I started slowly but I improved towards the end of the tournament.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Ab de Villiers because I enjoy his style of play and his passion for the game. I also like the attacking way that he views the game.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  Jason Brooker is my non cricketing hero. He is my coach and he has played first class cricket. But not my hero because of the way that he played cricket but the way that he treats people and the way that he inspires people. He is an inspiration to me and I would like to lead like he does.
What do you think makes a hero? I think that a hero is someone that concentrates in all the small things. If you do enough of the small things the bigger things will fall in place. I believe that the Coca-Cola Hero of the Day initiative is fantastic because it looks at event the small things, like a catch or runout, that can change a game and not necessarily at the best player of the day.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I am expecting a good week. I have worked hard to prepare myself for the tournament and I believe that hard work pays off.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I have had a fantastic season so far, I have scored over 750 runs in our league games and that includes two centuries, one in the Northern Cape trials and the other in a T20 match.







Name: Petrus Duvenhage
Age: 18
Telephone number:
Team: Northern Cape
School: Upington High School
Batting and Bowling Skills: Righ-hand bat / Right- Arm off-spin
Previous Provincial weeks: U17 and the 2016 Coca-Cola® Khaya Majola Cricket Week
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: Last year was a good experience and I enjoyed playing against the top players in the country. My schools doesn’t get many opportunities to play against the best schools in South Africa so it was great to play against their top players last year.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Jacques Kallis is one of my cricketing heroes, I met him when I was younger and he gave me a signed shirt. He was a great guys and was humble.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  My other hero is a rugby player. I also played in the Coca-Cola® Craven Week so I also follow rugby closely. I think that Richie McCaw is a great leader, I like the way that he led the All-Blacks and he is a very determined player.
What do you think makes a hero? A hero needs to be a role model for other people and especially kids, you must be able to test yourself against difficult situations and you need to respond in a positive way. This year I am going to be a senior player in my team and I need to bee able to pass on the knowledge to the other players since the younger players will look for direction from me.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I would like to take wickets and hit runs this year but I am also a senior players so there will be a lot of pressure on me. I need to rise to my position as a senior player.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I have had an excellent season so far, my highlights are the 300 I scored in 136 balls in a 40 over game and my figures of 6/18 in a match against Hoerskool Duineveld


 

No comments:

Post a Comment