Friday, December 15, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Limpopo player to look out for Collins Mashele and Sias Willemse





Name: Collins Mashele
Age: 18
Team: Limpopo
School: Phalaborwa HUB
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Batsman/Right-Arm fast
Previous Provincial weeks: U13, U17 and Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week 2016
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Wayne Parnell, I like the way that he bowls, he has good control and is not only quick but accurate.
What do you think makes a hero? Hard work and dedication. You also need to be patient, as I bowler I learned that I will not take wickets by chasing wickets, but I will if I am patient and I outthink the opposing batsman.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I want to play as well as I can so when I go onto the stage to get an award or nomination I can inspire someone else at the awards ceremony that has not achieved their goal
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I took 8/36 in a match against Ben Vorster.




Name: Sias Willemse
Age: 18
Team: Limpopo
School: Pietersburg Hoërskool
Batting and Bowling Skills: Left-Hand Batsman/Right-Arm Legspin
Previous Provincial weeks: U11, U12, U13, U15, U17 and the Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week in 2016
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Week: I had a slow start to the tournament with scores of 0, 11 and 17 but then started to come right at the end of the tournament with 30* against Mpumalanga and 34* against SWD.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis – they are both very good captains that lead by example.
Who is your non-cricketing hero and why is he your hero? My father, he is very supportive of me and he enabled me to focus on cricket.
What do you think makes a hero? Hard work and dedication.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I have high expectations for myself, I would like to score 1 x 100, 1 x 50 and take a 5-wicket haul.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? My bowling has been great this year. I have taken 21 wickets at an average of 6.



No comments:

Post a Comment