Friday, December 15, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Western Province players to look out for Thando Ntini and Daniel Moriarty




Name: Thando Ntini
Age: 17
Telephone number:
Team: Western Province
School: Wynberg Boys High School
Batting and Bowling Skills: left hand bat /Right arm fast
Previous Provincial weeks: U13 and U17
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: Last year I had a great U17 week, I took a lot of wickets (10 in the tournament) and hit some runs, I did well enough to make the South African U17 team that played in the Cubs week.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? My father, Makhaya Ntini, he is an ex Proteas player and he has inspirational to me to watch when I was growing up. He is very supportive and when he is able to he flies to South African from Zimbabwe, where he is coaching, so watch my games. I also love watching Virat Kohli, I love his attitude and the way that he plays.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  My coach Guy October, I changed schools last year and he helped me fit into the new schools and encouraged me to improve my play.
What do you think makes a hero? I believe that a hero needs to be humble and he needs to help other players. I try to live by this rule, I have given my number our to other players that I have either played against or with and sometimes they call me for advice or they can call me to vent their frustrations, I make sure that I have always got time to talk to these guys. I have learned a lot of lessons from my father and I am more than willing to pass those lessons on to other players.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I do not want to put too much pressure on myself. I want to do everything that I can to help my team win all their matches.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I have had a decent season, since I changed schools I battled a little initially but thank to my coach I fitted in quickly and my play improved. I played for the South African U19 team against the West Indies and now I am playing against England and Namibia. This season I have two performances that have stood out, 48* in the Cubs week and 4/56 against the West Indies.







Name: Daniel Moriarty
Age: 18
Telephone number:
Team: Western Province
School: Rondebosch
Batting and Bowling Skills: Left-hand bat / Left Arm off-spin
Previous Provincial weeks: U17 and Coca-Cola® Khaya Majola Cricket Week
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: I had a good experience last year. I learned a lot that I can take to this year’s tournament.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Daniel Vettori – He is also a left Arm Off-spinner like me, he was a fantastic bowler and I enjoyed the whay that he captained his team. He started very young and learned quickly to become one of the best players in the word.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  Elon Musk because he realizes not only his dream but also the dreams of others. He is a leader in the world at what he does and he is also changing the world.
What do you think makes a hero? A hero is not always on the field performance based, he doesn’t have to be the best in the team but he needs to set a good example and he needs to help people in need.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I want to gain new experiences and I would like to meet new people. I want to measure myself up against some of the best players in the country.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? In our final game of the season we boled Bishops out for 40 and I took 3 wickets without conceding a run in 3 overs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment