Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Gauteng players to look out for Kgaudisa Molefe, Jacob Miltz and Michael Mahlaba




Name: Kgaudisa Molefe
Age: 17
Team: Gauteng
School: Jeppe Boys High School
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Batsman/left-arm spinner
Previous Provincial weeks:
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Week: Due to an injury to one of the other players on day 1 of the Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Week I got a call up to replace him due to the way I had played in the U17 week, I was the top wicket taker, so I was lucky to be there, and I took 2/22 against Boland. I did even better in the Cubs week where I took 12 wickets in 4 matches at an average of 10.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Keshav Maharaj is a left arm spinner and I watch his clips on YouTube so I can pick up some tips to help my own game. Ben Stokes he is a good cricketer and plays with the opposition’s mind to get under their skin to break them down.
What do you think makes a hero? Hard work, and put more effort in your skills.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I expect a lot more from the team and myself.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I managed to take 2 wickets in the 3-day match and 1 wicket in the 50 over match all against Namibia for the Strikers
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? I am looking forward to playing against teams more that individuals. I am looking forward to playing against EP, Northerns and KZN coastal.








Name: Michael Mahlaba
Age: 18
Team: Gauteng
School: Saint Martin’s School
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Batsman/Right-Arm offbreak
Batting and/or bowling performance in previous Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: I won the Coca-Cola hero of the Day in 2015 and it meant a lot for me. It is a huge inspiration for me and as a junior it has helped lift spirit up to play better cricket. I only turned 16 at the week and I was the second youngest player there. My captain that year, Tony de Zorzi was also very inspirational as well and his help was priceless. He is an example of what it takes to be a hero.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Virat Kohli, he has an amazing all-round performance.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  Mr Grobbelaar, he is my coach and my mentor.
What do you think makes a hero? As much as being a hero is based on skills it is also based on how you carry yourself on and off the field. You need to treat others correctly and you need to put in as much effort in helping others as what you put into helping yourself.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I expect a great performance from the team and to build from how we played last year.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? There have been many changes in my cricket in the last year. I’ve gone from a leg spinner to an off spinner and I have become an all-rounder, I scored 250 in one of my last matches for my school. I have been working hard in all aspects of my game.
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? Gerald Coetzee


 



Name: Jacob Miltz
Age: 17
Team: Gauteng
School: St Davids Maritz Inanda
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Batsman/Wicket keeper
Previous Provincial weeks: in 2016 U17
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 U17 week:
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Virat Kohli, I love the way he bats and the way he approaches batting and cricket in general makes me want to play better and train harder.
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  My Dad, huge role model for me, he shows me discipline and dedication, he gets up every morning to run 10km and it shows that I need to train hard to achieve my goals.
What do you think makes a hero? You need to want to achieve as much as possible, you need to understand that things won’t just come to you, you need to work hard and take the chances and opportunities that come your way. It also about determination and putting the work in.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I expect a high level of cricket and Northerns and Gauteng are an example of what you can expect from the tournament where they are huge rivals on the field and very competitive but there is also a good bond between the teams. There is an U19 World Cup coming up next year and everyone at the week wants to play in the tournament. It is an added incentive to achieve in the tournament.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I was selected to play for the SAU19 team against the West Indies but I got an injury, so I unfortunately did not play. I have been selected to play against England and Zimbabwe now in December.
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? Gideon Pieters, Jade de Klerk and all of the guys that play in the Coca-Cola SA U19 teams. There is a good rivalry between all the guys.
What are you expecting from the Coca-Cola SAU19 tour against England and Zimbabwe.
I think that the SA U19 team should do well, we should have beaten the West Indies but we were missing a couple of players and we played beneath ourselves. The English U19 team has quite a few players that play County Cricket, which is a step higher than school cricket, so they will be competitive, and they will be an experienced side. Players to look out for in the SA U19 team are Matthew Breetzke, Gerald Coetzee, Jiveshan Pillay and Raynard van Tonder




No comments:

Post a Comment