Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: KZN Coastal player to look out for Daelen Fynn



Name:  Daelen Fynn
Age: 18
Team:  KZN Coastal
School: Glenwood High School
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Right Hand/ Middle Order.  Bowling: Right arm/ Off spin
Cricket Hero and why:  JP Duminy.  I play a similar role to the one that he plays.  I also love JP  because of his interest  in uplifting future cricketers in disadvantaged communities through his foundation JP21 Project which has also inspired me to be a part of the Greenwood Community Watch committee and I coach the boys and girls from this community during my spare time.
What do you think makes a hero:  I believe that a hero is a selfless person who is always willing to make a difference in people’s life’s and never backs down from a challenge no matter what the outcome.   A hero is someone that always encourages others to do better and never let this their current situation determine their future.
What are your highlights of the season so far.  I was the captain of my school at the Coca-Cola T20 Schools Challenge this year. I am currently the leading run scorer and wicket taker at Glenwood.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament?  Since its my first Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week I know that there will be a lot competition from the other teams. I have learnt from my other teammates that it’s the best cricket week in many young player’s lives. I hope that I will make the SA Schools team.
Who are the players to look out for: Andile Mogkakane and Lifa Ntanzi


No comments:

Post a Comment