Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Central Gauteng KFC Mini-Cricket Kids Captivated by Heroes at the Mzansi Super League



KFC has joined the exciting inaugural Mzansi Super League (MSL) as proud sponsors of the tournament’s ball boys and girls. Kids all around the country are getting to meet their heroes up close and it has been a phenomenal experience for them.

Decovan Olien and his KFC Mini-cricket friends from central Gauteng got to meet West Indies superstar Chris Gayle when the Jozi Stars played against the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants. “It’s the first time I have experienced something like this, the best part of today was meeting my heroes especially Chris Gayle.” Decovan said.

KFC Mini-Cricket player Kamogelo Nkomo, has been a ball girl once before and she really wanted to be a ball girl again and meet more of her heroes. “I had so much fun meeting my heroes, they inspire me to work hard to achieve my goals. I really enjoyed being a ball girl. I had fun with the cricket fans who cheered for me and some of them told me that I was the best ball girl at the stadium. I love KFC Mini-Cricket.”

KFC Mini-Cricket all-rounder, Keagan van der Walt got so many signatures from the players and he will ask his father to frame his shirt and put it up in his bedroom. His favourite player is Chris Gayle and he was so happy that he got to meet him and get his autograph.

Kumo Modibedi a KFC Mini-Cricket player from central Gauteng, said it was a lot of fun, “We were right there on the cricket field fielding the ball to the players. I was very nervous when I got onto the field but once the game started I forgot that I was nervous and I started enjoying myself. I would love to do this again,” he said.

Through the KFC Mini-Cricket programme, KFC has managed to offer kids with the critical building blocks to learn cricketing basics and entrenching important life lessons. The programme allows teachers at schools to offer a cricket sporting programme, even with basic fields and facilities. This is to make sure that kids are playing their way, getting active and that the educational lessons of commitment to participation are learnt and adopted way beyond just the game.

Schools and teams across the country can get involved in the KFC Mini-Cricket programme by visiting www.kfc.co.za/minicricket  





No comments:

Post a Comment