Tuesday, July 10, 2018

COCA-COLA HERO OF THE DAY (DAY 1)





Siphesihle Mthethwa from the Pumas has recognised as the first Coca-Cola Hero of the Day for the U18 Coca-Cola® Craven Week taking place at Paarl Boys High.

The prestigious Coca-Cola Hero of the Day award is presented on each day of the tournament in recognition of a game changing ‘hero’ moment.  Sphe was selected for the award by a Coca-Cola appointed Hero of the Day Panel, led by Springbok legend Akona Ndungane.

The young player managed to score a solo try by picking up the ball, chipping it over the Western Province defense, catching it and then running the length of the rugby field to score his try in a game that his team lost against a strong Western Province team.

“I feel great to win the hero of the day. I think that what helped me score my try what that I just kept going and never gave up. I hope that by winning the hero of the day I will inspire my team to bounce back from our loss and do well in the rest of the tournament.” Said Siphesihle.

“A sign of a good player is when he keeps up his spirits when your team is under a lot of pressure. Sphe shows determination and perseverance and when he was presented with an opportunity to do something for his team he managed to rise to the challenge,” said Akona.



No comments:

Post a Comment