Sunday, December 18, 2016

COCA-COLA® KHAYA MAJOLA CRICKET WEEK HERO OF THE DAY (DAY 3)





Chadwin November from Northern Cape has been named the Coca-Cola® Hero of the day for Day Three of the Coca-Cola® Khaya Majola Cricket Week.

The prestigious Coca-Cola® Hero of the Day award is presented on each day of the tournament in recognition of a game changing ‘hero’ moment.  Chadwin was selected for the award by a Coca-Cola® appointed panel of cricket experts after bowling a fantastic one over eliminator for Northern Cape in their match against Easterns.

At the end of their allotted 20 overs, Northern Cape and Easterns were locked in a tie at 144 apiece, which took the game into an eliminator over to decide the result of the game. 

Northern Cape captain, Ramon Suals, entrusted Chadwin with the ball and he delivered by only conceding 4 runs in the over, taking 2 wickets. 

His team mate Nakkie Duvenhage knocked off the score with ease and Northern Cape went on to win the match.

“Having the experience of bowling an eliminator I know what it is like to be given such a huge responsibility and the pressure of having the team’s interest at hand, a situation like this is where heroes are made,’ said Robin Peterson former Proteas player and lead Coca-Cola Hero of the Day judge.

"I was very nervous when my captain gave me the ball and asked me to bowl the over but I was happy with the responsibility and with receiving the award. I would like to thank my team mates for believing in me," said Chadwin.

Fetsi Mbele, Coca-Cola Southern & East Africa’s Senior Communications Manager: Brand Experience commented, “The Coca-Cola® Khaya Majola Cricket Week is Where Heroes Are Made. It is fantastic to see such a young man like Chadwin compose himself so well with the responsibility of bowling an eliminator over. On behalf of Coca-Cola I extend my congratulations, I can’t wait to follow his career going forward as he works towards becoming a hero of South African cricket. ” 




No comments:

Post a Comment