Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tsotang Maine. tipped to win the Two Oceans Marathon, visits the Powerade Performance Stand


Tsotang Maine is hoping it will be a case of ‘third time lucky’ when he takes to the streets on Saturday in the Two Oceans Marathon.  Today he visited the Powerade Performance Stand at the Expo to fine tune his muscles in the Vacusport Lower Body Negative Pressure Chamber.

The 37 year old from Lesotho has a string of wins behind him including the 2005 Soweto Marathon and is vying for a first place finish on Saturday which could well place him in contention for a spot in the Lesotho Olympic team.  “There is something about the number 3,” said Maine, who finished in third place in 2011.  “Almost every race I have ever entered I have won on my third outing and I am hoping I will do the same in the Two Oceans Marathon.” 

Maine was accompanied on the Powerade Performance stand by fellow Team Toyota member, Mamorallo Tjoka who is hoping for a first place finish in the women’s race.  “I have won the Soweto Marathon 5 times, even beating the Russian twins (Elena and Lesya Nurgalieva) but I have not managed to beat them in the Two Oceans.  Last year I came third – behind both ladies,” said a hopeful Thoka.

Thoka was apprehensive about entering the Vacusport Lower body Negative Pressure Chamber:  “The device is quite intimidating but my team mates egged me on and I am glad they did as it was extremely relaxing and I can definitely feel a lightness in my legs.  I will definitely look at including sessions on this device for training purposes.”

Athletes visiting the Powerade Performance Stand at the Two Oceans Marathon can also get advice on how to tackle the race by sports scientist, Ross Tucker, however, due to a leg strain, will be back on the stand tomorrow, Friday, 6 April.

Powerade Performance Stand activities for Friday, 6 April.

Date
Time
Action
04 April 2012
10h00 - 18h00
Gustav Obermeyer will be opperating the Vacusport Lower Body Negative Pressure Chamber.
06 April 2012
09h00
Expo begins
06 April 2012
10h00
Ross Tucker Presentation
06 April 2012
11h00
Ross Tucker Presentation
06 April 2012
12h00
Ross Tucker Presentation
06 April 2012
14h00
Team Nedbank Q&A
06 April 2012
15h00
Celebrity Runners Q&A
06 April 2012
17h00
Expo ends


Mamorallo Tjoka, one of the ladies favorites from Team Toyota

Some of the Team Toyota team mates

Tsotang Maine from Team Toyota, one of the favorites to win the Mens race.

No comments:

Post a Comment