Friday, December 15, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Northerns players to look out for Hermann Rolfes and Gideon Peters




Name: Gideon Peters
Age: 18
Telephone number:
Team: Northerns
School: Hoƫrskool Waterkoof
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Batsman/Right-Arm fast
Previous Provincial weeks: U17 Week in 2016
Batting and/or bowling performance in 2016/17 week: I had a very good tournament taking 8 wickets in 5 matches including 3/35 against Boland. My average was 16.
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Dale Steyn and Brett Lee because they are aggressive out and out fast bowlers. Cobus Pienaar my cricket coach, he played professional cricket when he was younger, so he has a lot of experience that he can pass on to me. He has been extremely supportive
Do you have a non-cricket hero and why have you chosen this person?  My brother has been extremely supportive. He has taught me that I can accomplish what I want to accomplish if I work hard. He’s given me confidence in myself even when I know that I have not performed up to the level that I set myself.
What do you think makes a hero? You must work hard to achieve your goals and stay humble.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? We are a good team and I would like us to win the final main game of the tournament. I would like to be instrumental in helping my team do that. One of the best things about the tournament is what happens off the field, I would like to make a lot of good friends and I have already got friends in Gauteng and KZN Coastal, so I would also like to catch up with those mates.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I struggled to balance playing rugby and cricket at the beginning of the year but thanks to people like me coach Cobus Pienaar, I managed to work through it. I took a lot of four wicket hauls and three wicket hauls this year.
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? Gauteng are a team that are also looking to win the main match on the last day and they have great players. I am looking forward to playing against Jacob Milts, Curtis Campher and Joshua Richards. If I want to be a good player I must match myself up with the best.





Name: Hermann Rolfes
Age: 18
Team: Northerns
School: Affies
Batting and Bowling Skills: Right-Hand Batsman/Right-Arm medium
Previous Provincial weeks: U11, U12, U13, U15, U17
Who is your cricketing hero and why is he your hero? Ab de Villiers and Faf du Plessis. They went to the same school as me and I’ve heard so much at the school about how they played and how they carried themselves at school and out of school. They are also both Proteas captains and have great leadership qualities.
What do you think makes a hero? A hero needs to be able to lead by example and be a good person on and off the field. Heroes have to enjoy what they do and you have to pass that enjoyment onto others.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I’m expecting a strong competition with all of the best cricketers from all over the country coming to play. I’m looking forward to playing cricket and engaging with the players from other teams.
What are your cricketing highlights for 2017 so far? I had a good season and one of my highlights was the hundred I scored against Pretoria Boys High in the last school game that I played.
Which players are you looking forward to playing against? I can’t wait to play against Border on day 2 of the tournament. They have quite a few players that have played SA U19 with me. I’m also hoping to play against Gauteng on the last day of the tournament, Northerns and Gauteng schools often play against each other and we know each other very well, most of the payers are good friends.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment