Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: Easterns Players to look out for WP Myburgh and Kyle Landsberg





Name:   Kyle Landsberg
Age: 18
Team:  Easterns
School:  Christian Brothers College
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Left Hand.  Bowling: Right Arm (Off-Spin)
Previous Provincial weeks: Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week 2016
Cricket Hero and why:  AB Villiers. His batting executions are excellent. He respects the game and his teammates. He is very consistent in the way he plays and inspires me to do better and never give up.
Non-Cricket hero:   Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur player.
What do you think makes a hero:  A hero is a person that is willing to give his all in everything that he does. People look up to them and they make a difference in the community.
What are your highlights of the season so far: I received an invitation from the Titans and I also captained the team for a tournament.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament?  My goal for the team during the tournament is to make it to the top 4. My personal goal is to make into the SA Schools team.
Who are the payers to look out for?  Aron Visser and Carlton Mdluli












Name: WP Myburgh
Age: 16
Team: Easterns
School: Hoërskool DR E.G Jansen
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Right Hand/ Middle Order.  Bowling: Right arm/ Leg spin
Cricket Hero and why:   Shane Warne. He was one of the greatest cricketers in the world.
Non- Cricket Hero: My father Hannes Myburgh.  I have achieved what I achieved so far because my father has taught me to never quit no matter how hard things get. He also taught his me that failing is a lesson in life and if I fail I must learn from my mistake and do better in the future.
 What do you think makes a hero: A hero is selfless, a genuinely good person, and someone gets the undivided attention of everyone. Someone willing to risk their own life to save others.
What are your highlights of the season so far:  I received an invitation from the Titans to take part in their u17 training program.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament? I am expecting the tournament to be a tough competition however I want to make the most of this experience because I know that there are many teenagers that would love the opportunity to take part in such a huge tournament.
Who are the players that you are looking forward to playing with or against?  Carlton Mdluli

 

No comments:

Post a Comment