Friday, December 15, 2017

Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week: KZN Inland players to look out for Fraser Jones and Mondli Khumalo



Name:  Fraser Jones
Age: 17
Team:  KZN Inland
School: Michaelhouse
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Right Hand/ Middle Order.  Bowling: Right arm (Fast)
Cricket Hero and why:  Jacques Kallis. I have looked up to him since I started playing cricket in Grade 1. He is a legend in South Africa cricket and is great force.
Non-Cricket Hero: My father Harold Jones. He always encourages me to do well in everything I do. No matter the circumstance he will support me. He has always taught me how to be independent and to respect people no matter where they come because I don’t only represent myself, but I also represent my family.
What do you think makes a hero: A hero always overcomes his fears and confronts any challenge head on. Even the faintest tinge of fear doesn’t linger in the heart of a hero.  A hero is unflinching in his or her determination and believes in his ability without the hint of doubtfulness.
What are your highlights of the season so far.  Playing for the SA U19 against the West Indies and being on honour roll for cricket.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament?  I am expecting a high level of cricket because I know that many players want to play their best so that they can be scouted. I want to have fun and contribute to my team’s performance by scoring as many runs as possible.
Who are the players to look out for:  Sean Gilson





Name:  Mondli Khumalo
Age: 16
Team:  KZN Inland
School: Maritzburg College
Batting and Bowling Skills:  Batting: Right Hand/ Middle Order, Bowling: Right arm/ Off spin
Previous Provincial weeks: First Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Week.
Cricket Hero and why:  Kagiso Rabada. He is one of the best cricketers in South Africa and he is very passionate and always supports his teammates.
Non-Cricket hero: My mother Sibongile Khumalo, because she has been very supportive, and I want to make her proud.
What do you think makes a hero: A hero is someone who can be looked up to for their actions and someone that has overcome obstacles.
What are your highlights of the season so far: My highlight for this year was making the U19 SA team.
What are you expecting from this year’s tournament?  Since its my first Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Cricket Week I just want to enjoy the tournament and make new friends.
Who are the players to look out for: Fraser Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment