Wednesday, March 29, 2017

COCA-COLA® SCHOOLS T20 CHALLENGE HERO OF THE DAY (DAY 3) AND COCA-COLA HERO OF THE TOURNAMENT




Akhona Mnyaka from Hudson Park (representing CSA Coastal Focus Schools) has been named the Coca-Cola Hero of the Day for day 3 and the Coca-Cola Hero of the Tournament for the Coca-Cola Schools T20 Challenge.

The prestigious Coca-Cola Hero of the Day award is presented on each day of the tournament in recognition of a game changing ‘hero’ moment.  Akhona was selected for the award by a Coca-Cola appointed panel of cricket experts after he bowled brilliantly to defend 6 runs in the last over of the match in Hudson Park’s semi-final against Wynberg High school (representing the Cobras).

“Winning the award means a lot to me because I knew that I needed to do something to give back to the team and get them into the final. I didn’t do it to win any awards, but I am happy that my effort helped the team win the match and that it was recognized by the panel,” said Akhona.

“I think that Akhona has been outstanding with the ball for Hudson Park during the tournament. Good death bowling is a quality that we look for in our South African cricketing heroes and I hope that it will help in preparation for the rest of his career ,” said Coca-Cola Hero of the Day lead judge Robin Peterson.

Fetsi Mbele, Coca-Cola Southern & East Africa’s Senior Communications Manager: Brand Experience commented, “The Coca-Cola Schools T20 Challenge is Where Heroes Are Made.  For Akhona this is hopefully just the beginning of a future in the game.  On behalf of Coca-Cola I extend my congratulations, I can’t wait to follow his career going forward as he works towards becoming a hero of South African cricket.






No comments:

Post a Comment