Monday, December 19, 2016

COCA-COLA KHAYA MAJOLA CRICKET WEEK HERO OF THE DAY (DAY 4)





Sinalo Gobeni from Boland has been named the Coca-Cola® Hero of the day for Day four of the Coca-Cola® Khaya Majola Cricket Week.

The prestigious Coca-Cola® Hero of the Day award is presented on each day of the tournament in recognition of a game changing ‘hero’ moment.  Sinalo was selected for the award by a Coca-Cola® appointed panel of cricket experts after hitting 96 runs not out off 61 balls for an unlikely win against Easterns.

Sinalo came in to bat with Boland needing 192 at 8.7 runs an over to win the game. He batted aggressively and with a ‘never say die attitude’ throughout his innings and hit 96 not out, which included hitting 20 runs off the last 7 balls that he faced to win the game for his team.

“Unlike a lot of my team mates, I have not played in the various age group tournaments, so for me it is important to take advantage of any opportunity that Boland gives me. I am proud to have paid Boland back for their faith in me,” said Sinalo.

“There were a lot of possible Hero of the Day moments today, so there had to be an outstanding performance to win the award. I felt that Sinalo was amazing, and to hit 96 not out coming in so low in the batting lineup shows great character and it was a definite hero moment,” said retired Proteas player and lead Coca-Cola® Hero of the Day judge, Robin Peterson.

Fetsi Mbele, Coca-Cola Southern & East Africa’s Senior Communications Manager: Brand Experience commented, “The Coca-Cola® Khaya Majola Cricket Week is Where Heroes Are Made. It is fantastic to see such that a young man like Sinalo show great character and win the match for his team. On behalf of Coca-Cola I extend my congratulations, I can’t wait to follow his career going forward as he works towards becoming a hero of South African cricket. ”



No comments:

Post a Comment